This is one of Cambridge Education’s most successful programmes. The course will contribute to consistent evaluation of teaching, learning and assessment as well as outcomes across your school. It will support the development of a strong evidence base to enhance self-evaluation and provide opportunities to consider ways of enhancing pedagogy, managing performance, and improving achievement. Developed by experienced practitioners, this 3 unit abridged programme includes 2 tutor led days combined with distance learning.
Who should attend?
Experienced and new leaders, including headteachers, principals, deputy and assistant headteachers, vice and assistant principals, heads of department, subject leaders and coordinators, and all those responsible for carrying out lesson observations.
Understand how to collect and record evidence to make secure judgements under the current Ofsted common inspection framework.
Learn methods for rigorous evaluation of pupils’ progress (outcomes) through work scrutiny, discussion with pupils and consideration of performance data.
Discover how to ensure that feedback to teachers is developmental, constructive and productive.
Find out what inspectors look for during inspections.
Glean best practice from peers from a range of schools and backgrounds.
All participants receive a course handbook and a certificate of course accreditation from Cambridge Education, following successful assessment.
What will it cover?
- Evaluating and recording observations of teaching, learning and assessment as well
as personal development, behaviour and welfare in lessons.
- Evaluating specific elements of pupils’ outcomes using the Ofsted inspection handbook; the quality of teaching, learning and assessment, and personal development, behaviour and welfare.
- Recognising good and outstanding teaching and learning.
- Consideration of the impact of leadership and management on pupils’ outcomes.
- Consideration of provision for spiritual, moral, social and cultural development.
- Consideration of contribution to British values.
- Talking to pupils about their learning, personal development, behaviour and welfare.
- Analysing pupils’ work - data analysis and using performance data.
- Structured opportunities to work with other schools and school leaders.
What resources will I receive on this course?
You will receive an Effective classroom observation folder with supporting materials for use during the day and subsequently back at school – all aligned to the most recent Ofsted handbook. You will also be awarded a certificate on successful completion of your assessed task.