Early Headship Programme
- 20 February, 2018
- 6 March, 2018
- 17 April, 2018
- 1 May, 2018
- 26 June, 2018
The early phase of headship is a crucial time in a school leader’s career. The opportunity to establish a new vision and create new structures and systems is matched by the challenge of having to learn quickly and manage situations that NPQH does not prepare you for. Dartmoor TSA and Exeter Consortium and TSA are working in partnership to deliver a practical, supportive programme designed to provide heads and heads of school, relatively new to their roles, with opportunities to access specialist training, support and guidance and work along side colleagues in similar circumstances.
- Access practical support, training and guidance to enable you to be highly effective in your early phase of headship
- Enable you to confidently tackle complex challenges facing your school, prioritise your actions and manage risks.
- Become a resilient, creative headteacher with sustainable approaches to manage your wellbeing and those of others.
- Broaden your awareness of the wider partnership structures and systems and the opportunities available.
- Maximise the effectiveness of your governing board
Programme activities include:
- Pre-course needs audit which will be used to design inputs and foci
- Receive specialist inputs from experts and highly effective practitioners
- Coaching for self-understanding
- Facilitated problem solving exercises
- Opportunities to take part in structured
Sian Lane: Headteacher of Pinhoe Primary School
Matt Cole: Headteacher of Woolsery Primary School
Course Cost: £300 for ECTSA and DTSA member schools, £400 for non-members