These events are an opportunity for subject leaders to learn about the latest local and national initiatives in science and keep abreast of developments within their subject.
The briefings provide an opportunity to:
- Support subject leaders to lead improvements in teaching and learning
- Provide a networking opportunity for subject leaders
- Explore the role of subject leaders in contributing to school self-evaluation
- Share good practice across Devon and beyond
9.00 – 9.30 Arrival and registration
9.30 – 10.45 Session 1: National updates to include the latest information on assessment and sampling SATs
10.45 – 11.00 Tea / coffee
11.00 - 12.00 Session 2: Sharing forum with a focus on raising the profile of science
12.00 Closing session
- Gain up-to-date knowledge of national developments in science related to assessment requirements and SATs sampling
- Clarify the link between teaching, learning and assessment
- Share and learn about good practice and how to engage learners.
At the end of this session, the tutor will provide time for questions regarding a Summer session organised by Exeter Consortium.