Starts Wednesday 29th September 9am - 4pm
An ILM approved programme in coaching techniques to enhance your leadership and enable you to develop others effectively, embedding coaching practice into your school culture.
- Understand behavioural preferences to improve your self-awareness
- Understand simple human psychology using cognitive behavioural models
- Refine coaching skills and knowledge using three coaching models
- Practice coaching approaches and methodologies
- Know on how to best utilise coaching within school settings
- Create opportunities to apply and evaluate coaching in your setting
Cost: £295 per person for SWIFT member schools | £395 for non-members. Attendance includes a complimentary full DISC® Profile Assessment and ILM certificate.
Friday 24th September 8.30am - 12.45pm
St James School, Exeter
Introduced by the Head Teacher of St James, Lindsay Skinner, Alex explores the challenges our pupils face in accessing an academic curriculum. He characterises the 'vocabulary' gap at every key stage, before then offering practical strategies to undertake in the classroom, alongside leading on language across the whole school.
Cost: Free for SWIFT member schools.
Starts Thursday 23rd September 2021
9.30am - 4pm
Newcourt Community Centre
This four-day course (over 2 terms) is designed to support you and your school develop a more trauma responsive approach to best support your students.
This course will help you to:
• Understand the impact of childhood trauma on social, emotional and physical health.
• Support children affected by trauma and encourage academic achievement.
• Implement methods to support children’s mental health, improve their attendance and restore their ability to reach their potential.
• Progress your school from trauma informed to trauma responsive.
Cost: £195 per person for SWIFT member schools | £295 for non-members.