Tuesday 27th September | 2.30pm - 4.30pm | Countess Wear Community School
Be part of a relevant, thought provoking community through which you will develop practical ideas to actively promote Equality, Diversity & Inclusion of marginalised groups through the education of staff and children in the south west.
* Rationale – Why is there a need to promote EDI in schools in the South West? What are the challenges?
* Unconscious Bias – A relevant and thought provoking session exploring unconscious bias with practical ideas of how you can sensitively tackle this in your school with staff, parents and children.
*Representation Matters - A look at how diverse lived experiences can be brought into the classroom, particularly in areas with little diversity.
*Shaping Future Meetings- Members will have the opportunity to share their experiences, expertise and challenges and what they would like from future meetings.
Cost: Free to SWIFT member schools | £25 for other colleagues
Starts Wednesday 28th September | 9.00am - 4.00pm | Venue TBC
An ILM approved programme in coaching techniques to enhance your leadership and enable you to develop others effectively.
- Understand behavioural preferences to improve your self-awareness
- Understand human psychology using cognitive behavioural models
- Refine coaching skills and knowledge using two coaching models
- Practice coaching approaches and methodologies
- Know on how to best utilise coaching within school settings
- Create opportunities to apply and evaluate coaching in your setting
Cost: £295 for SWIFT member schools
We are pleased to announce the launch of our new jobs board, South West Education Jobs. Here you will find vacancies in local schools and can register for alerts about new vacancies that are posted. To visit the new site, please click here.
Schools can also post their vacancies for free on the site by clicking the 'Post a job' button in the top right hand corner of the homepage and following the User Guide here.