Primary PE Community
Tuesday 5th October 1pm - 3pm Newcourt Community Centre
This support community allows Primary PE staff to share ideas, explore effective practice and discuss issues surrounding PE today. Meetings will have practical element ideas to include physical activity in every lesson, look at ways in which schools provide 30 minutes of daily exercise and ensure children have access to high quality PE in both the curriculum and extracurricular activities.
At every meeting we will strive to:
• Maximise the use of colleagues’ time
• Focus on core business of teaching, leadership and improving student outcomes
• Promote practices that have an evidence base to support their impact
• Allow members’ needs and priorities to share network activity
Cost: Free for SWIFT member schools.
Tuesday 28th September 8.45am - 12.00pm at Exeter Court Hotel
These termly conferences are open to SENDCOs, Behaviour Support Leads, Headteachers and Deputy Headteachers from all Teaching Schools South West member schools.
Speakers to include:
- Social Emotional Mental Health & Well-being | Martha Hancock, Wellbeing Project Coordinator, Exeter YMCA
- Tracking and Assessment of SEND | Tanya Haigh, SEND Adviser, Babcock LDP SEND Data and Assessment Team.
- SW Specialist Schools Teaching Alliance (SW SSTA) | Nikki Burroughs, TSA Lead for SW SSTA.
- DIAS for Special Educational Needs and Disability | Sue Brealey, Information Advice and Support Lead, DIAS.
- Supporting Domestic Violence | Maddie Hughes, Domestic Violence Early Help Connector Exeter, Devon Domestic Abuse Support Service, Splitz Support Service.
Cost: Free for SWIFT member schools
Wednesday 13th October 2021 1.30pm - 4pm
Newcourt Community Centre
Coaching has the potential to make teaching more effective, more satisfying and more successful through professional and personal growth.
This course introduces participates to incremental coaching. This is a regular, frequent and ongoing cycle of observation and action-based coaching. The coaching provides a framework based on dialogue that typically includes review, praise, feedback, reflection, modelling, planning and goal setting.
The course would benefit those who are new to leadership or are leading an initiative across school. Course content includes:
- Self-awareness as a leader
- Introduction to incremental coaching
- How to use coaching within your own practice
Cost: £35 per person for SWIFT member schools
£55 per person for non-members